Pre Jym is a pre-workout by Jym Supplement Science, a company that combines real science with real ingredients to deliver unreal results.
The Jym Supplement Science is founded by Dr. Jim Stoppani who holds a PhD in exercise physiology with a minor in biochemistry and he was a science editor in Muscle & Fitness for about 10 years.
Pre Jym Pre Workout has been voted the number one pre-workout supplement currently available in the supplement industry by Bodybuilding.com.
But, is it just a marketing strategy by Jym Supplement Science or it truly deserves all the praises?
Let’s dive in and find out.
Note: This page contains an affiliate link. If you purchase a supplement through this link I may earn a small commission and this is at no extra cost to you.
Pre Jym Pre Workout Ingredients & Benefits
It has 13 hand-picked ingredients:
- Creatine: It improves muscle power and performance during a workout. Some people want it to be in their pre-workout and some don’t. The reason is obvious that creatine causes water retention which makes it difficult to achieve a lean physique especially for those who are preparing for a contest. It contains 2 grams of creatine, which is a pretty decent amount.
- Beta-Alanine: It contains 2 grams of beta-alanine, which may help to improve endurance during a workout. It is also responsible for causing that unusual tingling sensation over your skin.
- Betaine: It is used in a pre-workout supplement to improve your power output during workouts .
- Taurine: It is a non-essential amino acid naturally produced in the body, which may help to improve your performance in the gym by reducing fatigue. It also reduces the jitteriness usually associated with a big hit of caffeine.
- N-Acetyl L-Cysteine: It is a substance derived from an amino acid L-Cysteine. It is an antioxidant that may reduce the damage of the cells.
- Alpha-Glyceryl Phosphoryl Choline (Alpha GPC): Like betaine, Alpha GPC may help to enhance the power output in athletes.
- Citrulline Malate: It is an amino acid, which may boost Nitric Oxide in the body that will increase the blood flow in the muscles. More blood flow will improve endurance and also provides a better muscle pump. It contains 6 grams of citrulline which is exactly the recommended dosage of it  .
- Beet Root Extract: It is a root vegetable commonly used in many cuisines around the world. Various studies have suggested that it boost nitric oxide production, which would improve your endurance.
- Branched-chain amino acid: There are only a few pre-workouts that contains Branched-chain amino acid (BCAA) and it is one of them. The BCAA consist of three amino acids – L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine. It may improve your muscle growth and endurance and reduce fatigue.
- Caffeine Anhydrous: It has 300 milligrams of caffeine which is relatively a high amount as most of the pre-workout contains around 200 milligrams of caffeine. Just for a comparison, you will find this much of caffeine in 3 cups of coffee. Caffeine improves athletic performance by keeping you stay alert and focused during a workout and it also reduces fatigue.
- Huperzine A Extract: It is a substance extracted from a plant and is used in a pre-workout supplement to enhance your memory and learning power, but it lacks sufficient scientific researches.
- Black Pepper Fruit Extract: It has been shown that black pepper extract may help to increase oral absorption of various ingredients present in a pre-workout supplement.
Other Ingredients: There are other ingredients in this pre-workout, which are mostly there to enhance the taste of the supplement and to protect it from sticking together.
Pre Jym Pre Workout Side Effects
The first thing you should notice in a pre-workout is its ingredients and make sure that you are not allergic to any of these ingredients. If you find any ingredient that you are allergic to, I would recommend not buying it.
The possible side effects of a pre-workout are tingling sensation, jitters, insomnia, upset stomach, diarrhea and rapid heartbeat.
The amount of caffeine in this pre-workout is 300 milligrams, which is too much for some people especially for beginners. However, there are few people who consume more than 400 milligrams of caffeine and still they don’t experience any side effects because they are tolerant to that much caffeine.
This pre-workout has ingredients which help in minimizing these side effects like taurine. You hardly face any side effects except a tingling sensation over your skin if you consume it as per the directions given on this pre-workout. I’ve explained below how to take it to minimize the effects.
Pre Jym Pre Workout Flavor
Currently, Pre Jym pre-workout comes in the following flavors:
- Cherry Limeade
- Orange Mango
- Pineapple Strawberry
- Rainbow Sherbet
- Raspberry Lemonade
- Strawberry Kiwi
- Natural island Punch
Pre Jym Pre Workout Price
The 30 servings container would cost you around $39.
So, per serving would cost around $1.3, which is slightly on the expensive side since most of the pre-workouts per serving would cost between 60 cents to $1.
How To take it
Mix one scoop of Pre Jym with 16-24 oz of cold water and drink it 30-45 minutes before workouts. Initially, use half serving or less to assess tolerance and once tolerance is assessed, take no more than one serving.
If you are a beginner or someone who is sensitive to caffeine, try to start it with only a half serving for few days to assess the tolerance and if you are having a hard time consuming it, stop taking it immediately.
If you are tolerant to this much caffeine, you can start with one serving directly, but not more than that.
Do not take this pre-workout within 6 hours of bedtime to avoid sleeplessness or insomnia.
Pre Jym Pre Workout FAQ
Is Pre Jym Pre Workout Effective?
It is a pretty effective pre-workout supplement currently available in the fitness community. This will enhance the overall physical performance in the gym during workouts.
It is said by many athletes that this pre-workout will provide the following effects:
- Increased Pump
- More Energy
- Better Focus
- Improved endurance
What’s Pre Jym Pre Workout Best Flavor?
I’ve tried their Natural island punch, the flavor was very strong and I didn’t like the flavor at all. I’ve received many good reviews about tangerine flavor. So, try their tangerine flavor and thank me later if you like it.
Is Pre Jym the Best Pre Workout?
Yes, it is currently one of the best pre-workout in the fitness community. It delivers enough energy and focus to get you going through your workout with ease.
Is Pre Jym Pre Workout Stimulant Free?
Pre Jym Pre Workout doesn’t have too many stimulants that cause rapid heartbeat and insomnia. It is not stimulant free, but it has only one stimulant which is caffeine to improve your athletic performance in the gym.
The results of Pre Jym Pre Workout are pretty amazing and it has all the ingredients with their recommended dosages except beta-alanine and taurine.
Overall it has ingredients that may help to build muscles, boost endurance and speed up recovery. The noticeable ingredient is BCAA, which is a pretty good addition to enhance the physical performance in the gym.
- Transparent Label
- Contains BCAA
- Recommended dosages of ingredients
- Easy to absorb
- Very strong flavors
- Low dosage of beta-alanine and taurine
I hope you have liked our Pre Jym Pre Workout Review, feel free to share your thoughts about this pre-workout. If you have any queries related to this supplement, you can ask us from here.