MuscleTech is a pretty big name in the health and fitness industry. They have a wide variety of supplements to meet the different needs of fitness enthusiasts.
I have tried their whey protein powder and I personally loved it, so I decided to try their Vapor X5 Next Gen pre-workout supplement and share my experience with the supplement.
You probably already know that pre-workout supplements improve energy, power, strength, endurance and focus and that is why it is gaining popularity day by day.
In this review, I’ll cover everything you must need to know before trying this pre-workout. And, is it even worth a try?
Let’s find out.
Note: This page contains an affiliate link. If you purchase a supplement through this link I may earn a small commission and this is at no extra cost to you.
MuscleTech Vapor X5 Next Gen Ingredients & Benefits
The serving size of a scoop is 9 grams and one scoop contains 15 calories and 0% carbohydrates.
One great thing about this pre-workout is that it doesn’t have any proprietary blends to hide the dosages of each ingredient it contains. They keep the ingredients list more transparent and clear.
There are a lot of ingredients to unpack here, so without any further ado, let’s look at the ingredients closely:
- Niacin: It is also known as Vitamin B3, which may help convert the food we eat into energy. This is quite a common ingredient in the vitamin section of pre-workout supplements.
- Choline Bitartrate: It is similar to the B Vitamins and is used in supplements to delay fatigue during a workout.
- Creatine Monohydrate: Creatine is one of the most common ingredients in a pre-workout supplement, which may help increase power output during any physical activity.
- Betaine Anhydrous: It is a chemical that occurs naturally in the body and it may improve your power output during high-intensity workouts .
- Beta-alanine: The body produces lactic acid when you workout, which reduces your muscle’s ability to contract. This further causes muscle fatigue. Beta-alanine acts as a barrier and reduces muscle fatigue, thereby improving endurance during workouts. It is also the one which is responsible for causing that unusual tingling sensation over skin. This pre-workout has 1.6 grams of beta-alanine, but research suggests a better dose would be 2-5 grams per day 
- Taurine: It is an amino acid, which improves your performance in the gym by reducing fatigue and muscle damage during workouts. It also helps reduce the jitteriness usually associated with a big hit of caffeine.
- Arginine inositol silicate (Nitrosigine®): It may boost the Nitric Oxide in the body, which may allow more blood, nutrients and oxygen to be transported to the muscles. This will further lead to a better muscle pump and endurance and it has also been shown that it produces more nitric oxide than any of its competitors. However, the daily recommended dosage is 1500mg, the amount that you will get in two scoops of this pre-workout .
- Hawthorn: Hawthorn berries are tiny fruits, which is known for its antioxidant properties that may help to reduce the oxidative damage during a workout.
- Caffeine anhydrous: This is the most popular ingredient in a pre-workout supplement, which helps you stay alert and focused during a workout. It improves the overall athletic performance in the gym. This pre-workout contains 190mg of caffeine, which is considered a solid amount of caffeine.
- L-theanine: It is strongly recommended to use this ingredient in a pre-workout that has a high amount of caffeine as it reduces the side effects of caffeine like rapid heartbeat, crashing or anxiety.
- Galangal extract: It is a rich source of antioxidants and may boost male fertility, but it lacks sufficient evidence to support this.
- Yohimbe extract: It is commonly marketed to help with the fat loss, however, the results are mixed, so we cannot say if it would help in fat loss or not.
There are “other ingredients”, which are mostly there to improve the taste and color of the supplement and to protect the powder from sticking together. It has Artificial Sweeteners like Acesulfame and Sucralose, which most people don’t want to have in their pre-workout supplement.
MuscleTech Vapor X5 Next Gen Side Effects
One thing which you must know before taking a pre-workout supplement is that every pre-workout supplement has some side effects ranging from mild to severe.
The probable side effects of this pre-workout supplement are jitters, insomnia, rapid heartbeat and a tingling sensation. Most of you hardly feel any jitters because of taurine and theanine, but if you are someone who’s taking a pre-workout for the first time, you might experience it.
A tingling sensation over your skin is irritating for many people, but it is harmless. This is the most common side effect which you will experience in almost all pre-workout supplements.
I have experienced a tingling sensation and insomnia while using this pre-workout supplement as my caffeine tolerance is not too high and if you also have a low caffeine tolerance, begin with half a scoop or try some other pre-workout which has less than 150 milligrams of caffeine like ON gold standard pre-workout.
MuscleTech Vapor X5 Next Gen Flavor
Currently, this pre-workout comes in the following flavors:
- Fruit Punch Blast
- Cotton Candy
- Candy Watermelon
- Blue Raspberry Fusion
- Icy Rocket Freeze
MuscleTech Vapor X5 Next Gen Price
The current price of 30 servings container is $19.93 and one serving of it would cost you around 65 cents. It is a pretty fair deal and is one of the best affordable pre-workout supplement available in the fitness community.
Also, this pre-workout is at number 2 in our list of best cheap pre-workout supplements in 2020.
How to Take it
Mix one scoop with 8 oz of cold water and consume it 30 minutes before workout. Initially, use half a scoop or less to assess tolerance and once tolerance is assessed, gradually increase the serving up to 2 scoops and not more than that in a 24 hour period.
The amount of caffeine could be too high for a beginner who is taking a pre-workout supplement for the first time. You can begin this pre-workout with half a scoop to assess tolerance and once tolerance has been assessed, increase the dosage gradually.
If you are having a hard time consuming it, stop taking it and immediately consult your doctor.
Do not take this pre-workout within 6 hours of bedtime to avoid sleeplessness or insomnia and do not use any other product that contains caffeine or other stimulants.
MuscleTech Vapor X5 Next Gen FAQ
Is Muscletech Vapor X5 Next Gen Effective?
Currently, it is a pretty effective and most affordable pre-workout supplement in the fitness community. I have used it and the results were pretty amazing and the fact that one serving would cost you just 65 cents makes it more amazing.
One scoop has enough ingredients to provide the following benefits:
What’s Muscletech Vapor X5 Next Gen Best Flavor?
I tried their cotton candy flavor and it was not that great as I thought it to be. Many of my friends have told me that blue raspberry fusion is better, so you can try it.
Is it the best cheap pre-workout supplement?
Yes, it is one of the best cheap and affordable pre-workout supplements in the market. It has a lot of ingredients and the dosages of all these ingredients are pretty good. No doubt, it is worth all the money you pay to buy it as it has a lot of benefits with no or very less side effects.
Overall, I think that it is one of the best affordable pre-workout supplements that also have good quality ingredients to improve your energy, power and endurance.
And, the fact that it is a pre-workout supplement by Muscletech makes it a more trustworthy supplement.
- Improve endurance and focus
- Solid dose of caffeine to provide decent energy
- Intense muscle pumps
- The dosage of few ingredients are on the lower side
- Contains artificial flavor and sweeteners
I hope you have liked our MuscleTech Vapor X5 Next Gen Pre Workout Review, feel free to share your thoughts about this pre-workout. If you have any queries related to this supplement, you can ask us from here.