Haymaker is a pre-workout by Precision Engineered Elite Performance. The Vitamin World uses this brand name to deliver Supplements in the market. I tried this pre-workout last year so here is my complete Haymaker Pre Workout Review.
One thing which really put me in doubt whether to try this pre-workout or not was that the Vitamin world had nowhere disclosed that Precision Engineered Elite Performance was their brand.
Nobody would want to buy a supplement if they don’t know who is behind that supplement. But, do they have a list of key ingredients that really super-charge your workouts as they claimed?
Let’s dive in and find out its ingredients & side effects.
Haymaker Pre Workout Ingredients & Side Effects
There aren’t a lot of ingredients to unpack here. It has the following ingredients:
- Niacin: Niacin, also known as Vitamin B3, is considered an important nutrient that helps to convert the food we consume into energy.
- Beta-Alanine: Your body produces lactic acid when you workout, making your muscles more acidic or stiff. It reduces your muscles ability to contract which further causes muscle fatigue. Beta-alanine reduces the acidity in the muscles, thereby increasing endurance during a workout. It is also known for causing that unusual tingling sensation over your skin. This pre-workout has 2.4 grams of beta-alanine per scoop, which is quite a nice dosage as the recommended dosage of it is 2-5 grams per day .
- L-Arginine: It is converted into Nitric Oxide when entered into the body, which may help widen blood vessels for improved blood flow. However, studies have shown that consuming citrulline may increase arginine in the body more than consuming arginine itself . It may also help you exercise a little longer, but there is hardly any sufficient evidence to support this.
- L-Citrulline: It may boost Nitric Oxide in the body, which will allow more blood transported to the muscles. This will give you a better muscle pump. Studies have also reported that it improves endurance during high-intensity workouts  . The recommended dosage of citrulline is 3-6 grams per day and this pre-workout has only 1 gram of citrulline, which is a too small dose that it hardly provides any benefits.
- Creatine HCL: It has been shown that Creatine Hydrochloride, also known as Creatine HCL, enhances the solubility and absorption rates in the body 40 times more than Creatine Monohydrate. We all know that creatine increases muscle power and physical performance during workouts.
- Agmatine Sulfate: It is made from the amino acid called Arginine and it enhances Nitric Oxide and endurance. This results in a better pump and improved endurance during workouts. Due to the lack of evidence for its effects this ingredient is not widely used in pre-workout supplements.
- Caffeine Anhydrous: It is the most used caffeine type in the pre-workout supplements and is a dehydrated form of caffeine. Caffeine is the most popular ingredient in pre-workout supplements, which improves your overall physical performance in the gym by keeping you stay alert and focused during workouts.
Natural and artificial flavoring agents like Maltodextrin and Citric acid add taste and flavor and artificial sweeteners like Acesulfame potassium and Sucralose add sweetness to the food.
Anticaking agents like Silicon dioxide are added in the supplement so that the powder does not stick together and food coloring agents like FD&C Red #40 are added to add color to the supplement.
Haymaker Pre Workout Side Effects
The side effects of the Haymaker pre-workout could be just a tingling sensation over your skin, which is harmless and it could be nausea, diarrhea, headache, bloating or low blood pressure.
It totally depends upon your level of caffeine tolerance. It also has L-Arginine, which may cause a number of side effects, however, I have not experienced any side effects while consuming this pre-workout.
But, if you are taking a pre-workout for the first time, you might experience any of the side effects mentioned above.
Haymaker Pre Workout Flavor
Haymaker pre-workout comes in the following flavors:
- Fruit Punch
- Strawberry Lemonade
Haymaker Pre Workout Price
It is not available on amazon. com or bodybuilding.com. It is available on Vitaminworld.com in 2 sizes – 20 servings container for $27.99 and 4o servings container for $47.99. One scoop of Haymaker pre-workout would cost you $1.3, which is on the expensive side as one scoop of the most of the pre-workout supplements would cost you below $1.
How to Take it
Mix one scoop with 8-10 oz of cold water and take it 15-30 minutes before training.
Begin it with half a scoop to assess your tolerance level and once you assess the tolerance, you can gradually increase the servings to the maximum of up to two scoops per day.
Do not directly jump to two scoops and do not take on an empty stomach.
Haymaker Pre Workout FAQ
Is Haymaker Pre Workout Supplement Effective?
I don’t think so that it is an effective pre-workout supplement. When I took a scoop of it for the first time, I did not notice any results in my body. There was no improvement in my energy, strength, endurance or muscle pump.
I decided to double the scoop, but even after that the results were not that promising. I did notice some improvement in my strength and endurance, but paying more than $2 for it doesn’t seem a smart decision to me.
What’s Haymaker Pre Workout Best Flavor?
I tried their watermelon flavor and I did not like the taste of it. I would give it a 7/10 in terms of taste. But, I have received positive reviews of fruit punch flavor, so if you want to try this Haymaker pre-workout, you can try fruit punch flavor.
Who makes Haymaker Pre-workout?
Precision Engineered Elite Performance is the brand name mentioned on Haymaker Pre-Workout, but when you search it online, you only see VitaminWorld.com at the top. So, this only mean that Vitaminworld.com is the owner of Haymaker pre-workout.
However, Vitamin World has nowhere mentioned that they are the real faces behind the Precision Engineered Elite Performance brand.
The amount of caffeine and beta-alanine is considerably good. There is creatine, which most of the people want to have in their pre-workout. There is Agmatine sulfate, which is known to be one of the best ingredients that increases muscle pump.
But, to be honest, there are a lot of pre-workouts in the market, which offers more ingredients with an appropriate amount of dosage and which are way cheaper than Haymaker Pre-Workout.
- No crash afterward
- Caffeine is easy to tolerate
- Better muscle pump
- Underdosed ingredients
- Hardly any noticeable results
I hope you have liked our Haymaker Pre Workout Review, feel free to share your thoughts about this pre-workout. If you have any queries related to this supplement, you can ask us from here.