ENGN Shred is a pre workout by Evlution Nutrition, a company that has been delivering high-quality supplements in the market. They have a wide variety of supplements that helps you achieve your fitness goals from protein powder to fat burner.
Here, I’m going to review their ENGN Shred pre workout, which has also been one of the most selling pre workout in the supplement industry. Is it the best pre workout for weight loss?
Does it deserve all the hype?
Let’s dive in and find out all the answers.
Note: This page contains an affiliate link. If you purchase a supplement through this link I may earn a small commission and this is at no extra cost to you.
ENGN Shred Pre Workout Ingredients & Benefits
Firstly, there are B Vitamins:
- Niacin: It is also known as Vitamin B3 and it helps to convert the food we eat into energy. It may also boost brain function, which needs it to function properly. The daily minimum recommended dosage of Niacin is 16 milligrams.
- Vitamin B6: It is an important nutrient, which your body needs to function properly. Your body cannot produce it, so you need to take it from food or supplements. Its primary function is to improve the mood and combat the symptoms of depression. The daily minimum recommended dosage of Vitamin B6 is 1.3 milligrams .
- Folic Acid and Vitamin B12: They are a water-soluble vitamin that helps in the production of red blood cells. The recommended daily intake of Folic Acid and Vitamin B12 should be around 400 micrograms  and 1-25 micrograms .
Then, there is a proprietary blend called “ENGN Mind-to-Muscle Matrix”, so we only know the name of the ingredients, but doesn’t know the amount of each ingredient it contains. The whole blend is 2,016 milligrams and has:
- Betaine Anhydrous: It is a chemical that occurs naturally in the body and it may improve your power during high-intensity workouts .
- Choline Bitartrate: It is similar to the B Vitamins and it is used in supplements to delay fatigue during workouts.
- L-Tyrosine: It is a non-essential amino acid, which is added in a dietary supplement to improve your alertness and focus. Research shows that taking L-Tyrosine during stressful situations improves your memory, however, there is no evidence if it would improve your memory in less stressful situations .
- Agmatine Sulfate: It is made from the amino acid known as Arginine, which boosts the production of Nitric Oxide in the body. This results in a better muscle pump and more endurance. It is the most popular ingredient used in a supplement to improve the muscle pump.
- Alpha-Glycerolphosphorylcholine: It is a natural compound that may improve your power output and it is used mostly by the athletes to enhance muscle performance  .
- Huperzia Serrata extract: It is an herb used in Chinese medicine for many years and it may help to improve memory and learning by protecting the nerve cells.
Then, there is
- Beta-Alanine: When you workout, your body produces lactic acid which causes a burning feeling inside your muscles and thereby causing muscle soreness. Beta-alanine serves as a barrier against the buildup of acid, reducing the acidity in muscles during workouts. It is also known for causing a tingling sensation over your skin which is harmless.
Then, there is a blend called “ENGN Shred Matrix”, which has:
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA): It is the most common Omega-6 fatty acid found largely in meat and dairy products. The primary function of it is to help in fat loss and increase lean muscle mass and it is the most popular ingredient in fat burners  . Research shows that a minimum of 3 grams of CLA is necessary for weight loss and daily intake of up to 6 grams of CLA will not cause any adverse effects  .
- L-Carnitine L-Tartrate: It is a naturally occurring amino acid, which is used in a supplement for fat loss and also aid in the recovery after a workout .
- Coleus extract: It helps in raising the testosterone levels in the body and aids in weight loss.
- Capsimax Cayenne: Capsimax is a concentrated capsicum extract from the red hot chilli peppers. It helps in weight loss by increasing the feelings of fullness and reducing your food cravings .
- Yohimbe extract: It has a long history of use in medicines to improve sexual performance, but it is commonly marketed to help with fat loss. However, the results are mixed, so we cannot say if it would help in fat loss or not.
The last blend it has is “ENGN Energizers”, which contains only two ingredients:
- Caffeine: It has around 260 milligrams of caffeine which is equal to slightly less than 3 cups of coffee. The amount of caffeine is pretty good, which may help you stay alert and focused. It provides you enough energy to go through your workout and also reduces fatigue.
- Green Tea Extract: It is an antioxidant that might reduce oxidative damage caused during a workout .
And lastly, there are “Other Ingredients” which are basically included to enhance the taste and the color of the supplement and to prevent it from getting damaged by sticking together.
ENGN Shred Pre Workout Side Effects
Does pre workout have side effects? This is the most common question people have in mind when they plan to take a pre workout. Pre workout does have side effects, some are normal and some are more serious.
The possible side effects of ENGN Shred pre workout are:
- Rapid heartbeat
- Tingling sensation
To minimize these side effects, just make sure to start it with half a scoop and do not take it within 4 hours of bedtime.
However, if you experience any of the side effects except a tingling sensation, I recommend you to immediately stop using it and consult your doctor.
ENGN Shred Pre Workout Flavor
Currently, this pre workout comes in the following flavors:
- Cherry Limeade
- Blue Raz
- Fruit Punch
- Pink Lemonade
ENGN Shred Pre Workout Price
It comes in only 30 servings container and it will cost you around $27.95 One serving of ENGN Shred pre workout would cost you around 90 cents. According to me, it is a pretty fair deal.
How to take it
To assess tolerance begin it with half a scoop with 8 oz of cold water and once tolerance has been assessed then you can take one scoop with 8 oz of cold water. You need to consume this pre workout 15-30 minutes before training.
To avoid sleeplessness, do not take it within 4 hours of sleep.
ENGN Shred Pre Workout FAQ
Is ENGN Shre Pre Workout Effective?
I have used this pre workout several times and it is pretty effective. It is one of my favorite pre workout and I use it whenever I want to get rid of that extra fat stored in my body.
I experienced these effects while using this pre workout:
- Intense Muscle Pumps
- Enhanced Energy
- Improved focus
- Increased endurance
- Fat loss
This pre workout may enhance your overall physical performance in the gym and at the same time, it helps you to cut down that extra fat in your body. This product is best suitable for those who want to get rid of their fat and it is not for those who want to gain some weight.
What’s ENGN Shred Pre Workout Best Flavor?
I personally loved their Pink Lemonade, it is the best. But, I have received great reviews about Blue Raz and Cherry Limeade, so you can try any of these.
Is ENGN is the best pre workout for weight loss?
It is not the best, but yeah it is one of the best pre workout for weight loss because it has almost all the ingredients which you expect in a fat burner supplement.
ENGN Shred Pre Workout is a solid supplement because it provides you enough energy to go through your workout. The ENGN Shred Matrix has all you need to lose weight.
If you are planning to cut down your fat stored in the body and also want that energy rush during a workout, this pre workout is for you.
- Aid in fat loss
- Reasonable Price
- A good amount of B Vitamins
- Contains a proprietary blend
- The caffeine may be too high for some people
I hope you have liked our ENGN Shred Pre Workout Review, feel free to share your thoughts about this pre workout. If you have any queries related to this supplement, you can ask us from here.